Sunday, September 18, 2016

Looking at Edith Flack Ackley Dolls

 If you’re  interested in vintage rendition of YesterYear, In the 30s and early  40s, type of cloth dolls, dolls, I LOVE  Edith Flack Ackley.  She wrote several awesome books, which I am so Thankful and Happy to own them all, I love just even holding them to think I am holding  a book from the early 1930's when history was in a depression, Yet this doll maker gave hope to Mothers for their own children, Christmas or any celebration!
 Edith Flack Ackley created lots of patterns .
I just did a search on Pinterest;   for “Edith Flack Ackley” and you will find a lot of inspiration!! 
It helps me to  "Visualize" the different hair styles, I want to stay as authentic as possible,
This doll below I made for my daughter , Her name is Bell, I dressed her in the Civil War period. The doll I created in these pictures I used Edith Flack Ackley pattern from her book “Dolls to Make for Fun and Profit”
 
 I found a free pattern: to make "Little Girl Doll" By Edith Flack Ackley  here:
  http://ufdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ackley-pattern.pdf



No comments: