Sunday, October 18, 2020

Sharing a Couple of my EFA Dolls That I created

 I love creating EFA dolls, I try to make a special one each year for the holidays.There is some thing very special about a Edith Flack Ackley cloth doll. I am blessed to have all her books from the 1930's -.

I am working on one right now intermittently ,Because we are setting up my main sewing room down in our beautiful basement.This is where all the cutting and mess will be,and taking the 4th bed room in the main level..and we are using it as a sewing /Craft computer room.I can sit read my Bible, Open the window hear the leaves in the trees, Birds singing.And also sitting in my antique rocking chair I can to my hand sewing, Embroidery, I will take pictures and share both sewing areas, My wonderful husband just  bought a nice flat screen TV for sewing room in the basement. We moved from a entire life time of living in FL,My husband was born and raised in Tampa.as We also raised our kids in FL.We now live in  NC, and learning new things and loving it.We have been here just turned one year !

Here is my very first ever EFA Doll, I was a newbie at creating dolls, and sewing.

I made her about 20yrs ago. I still have her just as I created her..Just some thing about how simple she is...I keep her with a hand full of my favorite dolls I created.It takes a lot for me to like my dolls, I always see what I should have done.
 

Not a very good picture.My second EFA..This one is created to be from the Civil War period .

Her dress is full as is her petticoat .She looks much better in person,She lives at our daughters.

I plan on creating a male EFA doll to go along with her.Like Rhett Butler.

He will be a gift to our daughter, She lives in GA and is a history nut like me.

****

This is my third EFA Doll, I wanted to try some thing new,

I hand painted her face.I couldn't believe it when I was asked if I would sell her ! I personally think to keep the feeling of a truly inspired EFA Doll,The face should be hand embroidered 

Sharing her sweet shoes and socks
This is view from the back. I made her dress really full ,as well as her petticoat 

Sorry about the poor picture,I will try to look and see if I have a better one.



1 comment:

The Hermits said...

They're sweet, Sherrie--my favorite is the one in bright red plaid! :~P