Monday, January 12, 2015

Oh NO !! Yeppers!

I think I did the BIG No NO ..Yeppers I went on eBay surfing, Just loving looking and drooling into my coffee! I SO LOVE Antique dolls, THE REAL deal!!.. So I thought I'd share with you!
"NONE OF THESE DOLL DID I MAKE OR OWN"
Oh My this gal  really touched my heart!  Look at her face..Can't you just see a little girl soooo many years ago playing and loving her, OR how about her Mom, Grandma, Aunt, who took the time and skill to make her just for that little girl! Only if this doll could share Her stories with us.. This doll is a big one also, 31 1/2 inches..




 here is all her info:


EARLY ANTIQUE PRIMITIVE STYLE CLOTH DOLL APPROX . 31 1/2" TALL

Seller : taminator1969
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EARLY-ANTIQUE-PRIMITIVE-STYLE-CLOTH-DOLL-APPROX-31-1-2-TALL-/201263106732?pt=Folk_Art&hash=item2edc374aac


Seller's Description : 
EARLY ANTIQUE PRIMITIVE STYLE HOMEMADE CLOTH DOLL. I BELIEVE IT IS MADE FROM MUSLIN AND IT HAS ON BROWN HOMESPUN CLOTHING. THE FACE HAS BEEN DRAWN ON WITH PENCIL. THE HAIR IS MADE FROM SOMETHING LIKE USED TO BE IN OLD CHAIRS. IT IS APPROX. 31 1/2" TALL. IT HAS BEEN MADE TO LOOK LIKE IT IS VERY OLD



*******************************************************************

This one kinda made look twice..The head seems to be a little odd, Then I remembered
1800's not every one had sewing machines, They literally  did use what ever they had at hand, In my humble opinion  I do not think the dress is a original ?? But the shoes sure are!  I agree with the seller ,I also think she is rag stuffed.. Here is her info:


Seller :catcreekprimitives

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-34-Antique-Primitive-Cloth-Handmade-Rag-Doll-W-Clothes-1800s-/141531728298?pt=US_Dolls&hash=item20f3f2c9aa

Early 34" Antique Primitive Cloth Handmade Rag Doll W/ Clothes 1800's

Seller's Description :  

She is a large 34 inches. She has on a blue dress and a leather belt and leather handmade shoes. Feels rag stuffed

********************************************************************

I hope you all will go and check these beautiful dolls out, See more in depth pictures.. I Love this little gal too! Just look at her face and her dress is wonderful!
Here is her info:

Seller:sassafrasandsugar

 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Art-Fabric-Mills-Cloth-Doll-26-1-2-tall-/281560094610?pt=Folk_Art&hash=item418e4a1792

 Antique Art Fabric Mills Cloth Doll 26 1/2" tall

Description : By Seller :  . She's a big girl measures 26 1/2" tall. She wears a Antique Child's dress the color is brown tan blue, There are two big brown calico print pockets on the front of dress and the dress has all 7 original blue calico buttons on back. The doll wears antique child's sock that are tan. She also wears a pair of antique red leather button up child's shoe's. The doll is heavily stuffed with cotton. She displays nicely on her own or in a grouping. Measures 26 1/2" tall .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Art-Fabric-Mills-Cloth-Doll-26-1-2-tall-/281560094610?pt=Folk_Art&hash=item418e4a1792















No comments: