Friday, August 22, 2008

My Oh My What One finds when cleaning

As I'm cleaning the sewing room I found some projects that I have been wanting to finish SO I sat down and that right there felt pretty darn good! This Old cuddle blanket I made about 5 yrs ago,It is reversible and it is made from some good ole' soft flannel,Twin size.Faded but still cuddly for just sacking out in a chair or the couch.
Silly as it seems this throw has a lot of history in 5 yrs already
Loads of laughs and even tears,but it keeps on giving the good ole' warm and fuzzies when wrapped around you, The kids keep telling me when it's time to pitch it to pitch it their way. Silly we are!
Then I found this wall hanging panel! Took warm and gentle and soft flannel for the backing just stuff I found and went together, and today will add the sashing and then add some hand quilting and we will have a throw size quilt to snuggle in..Seems all my family and friends love to grab one of quilt throws when they come over
and we watch a movie or jus talk together, It's always fun to make them and give them as presents also.
Since Tropical storm Fay keeps Florida rainy and very windy I'm enjoying sewing seems to put a sunshine back in life!!But trust me the sewing room is nearly finished and soooo inviting,

No comments: