Friday, January 05, 2007

I have to Brag

My sweet daughter just created her very first quilt all by her self!!

For Christmas we got her a sewing machine, She has never ever sewn on a sewing machine, She has always hated sewing, She can crochet absolutely gorgeous any thing,But when it came to needle and thread even as a kid, she hated it..Then at Christmas she saw my first quilt block and said how badly she wanted to learn to quilt,Then at Christmas she saw my first quilt block and said how badly she wanted to learn to quiltSo her Dad and I set out to do some Christmas shopping..What fun we had, First bought the sewing machine
Second we bought all the Quilting basics, And some Fat quarters, Thread, couple books, couple kitsDay after Christmas We went over I showed her how to set up her sewing machine,ect...I cut out a bunch of RED , WHITE , BLUE, 4 1/2 in squares..showed her how to do a nine patch block


here is a picture of all the sewn red, white and blue block she sewed them all together:)




I then left and she was on her own totally,because at this point I too had only made one 9 patch block,here is mine:


and now at this point!!!! between the two of us it was the blind leading the blind!!
THEN: Again all by her self she decided to make one of her quilt kits


Front view...yes there are mistake she will quickly point out,


But for a lot of firsts,I think she did a awesome job!! Showing the back of Valerie's quilt

PS: here is my second quilt block.I guess I'd beter get busy, learn more, the kid is geting ahead of me already:)....Sherrie



No comments: