Sunday, October 30, 2016

Pilgrims Finished

Because I said I would share a finished picture of my Pilgrims, Is the only reason I am sharing one, I have never worked so very hard on any dolls, The directions of the pattern just absolutely made no sense , I worked 2 full days trying and re-trying to make their collars,and her Bonnet,  and 4 days trying to make the Man Pilgrim shirt, again the directions were just not making any sense! I finally gave up and just made the shirt my way.


The pattern  designer is totally awesome and so very talented and is like #1 in the primitive Folk Art world, With her patterns and creations !.  This pattern was one of her first, Maybe I should have just emailed her, She is such a sweet gal, she provably could have helped me.

I know I am by far not the best best doll maker, But I have to say I feel my abilities are better than how these turned out.

I am SO unhappy with them, When all is said n done I will tear them apart make fatter legs, save their head and arms and body’s, make another  doll. some thing  different with them,
 I worked so hard on their clothes will save them ,but embellish them on a new doll with them.
but at least they are done , since 2009 wow! My challenge to my self I can check one more off my DIP list! (DIP=Dolls In Progress)
I don’t think I have ever been so disappointed in a doll, let alone two of them,


3 comments:

Jan Conwell said...

It happens to all of us, at one time or another. I've worked so hard on a doll only to find at the end I don't like it at all. Then I either repaint/resculpt it or flat throw it out. Frustrating, but this way we have something to compare to the times when we're THRILLED with how a doll turns out. :~) I'll go shut my Polyanna self up now, but I'd bet if you asked around, others wouldn't be as hard on these dolls as you are. I love how you painted their eyes!

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

aww Thanks Jan , I am going to use them for our Thanksgiving, Surrounded with gourds and small pumpkins and my favorite Indian Corn,
They don't look to bad, I agree doll making like any thing else it is trial and error and then more practice and surprise, you can stand back and say "Hey I like you" ! hahaha!!Thank You Jan for your comment means a lot!

Sherri Farley said...

I think the pilgrims are adorable! I have trouble with some patterns too and even if the pattern is great, I have this urge to go my own way or tweek it! Happy Halloween Sherrie!!