Monday, May 19, 2014

Whimsical Raggedy Face Tutorial

 I started this doll by painting her flesh..I do not always paint the face, but on this doll I did..(Note: be sure to click on each picture to see them in a larger size.)
Step #1: mixing my flesh using Acrylic paints,
Step#2; Lightly sand face when dry.
Step#3: Use a circle like a quarter, any thing round and is correct size, I have even used the bottom of a spool of thread. Draw a nice round circle with a pencil
Step#4:  using Acrylic Paint eyes white..allow to dry



  Step# 5:Take your chosen color for the eye and draw with a pencil a half moon, Step # 6: Now take your color  using Acrylics ( mine is Blue) and with your brush cover you half moon
Step # 7: Now take your Black  using Acrylic and fill in for the pupils.

 Step # 8: Take a gel pen and draw a line as shown.This will be your top lid..You will lightly draw a arch over your line..

 Step # 9:Lightly shadow with water color pencils,,I use a piece of brown paper bag , crinkled up and blend just like you would do with your own eye make up..In fact I have used my own real eye make up for my dolls eyes.. Smudge the outer line as well to soften the look.  I use real blush on all my dolls and again either lightly sand or brown bag.

Step # 10: Take your white paint and give your dolls eye a white dot ( what I call the light of life:) a Dot to high light the eye.
 Now take your doll out side and spray her entire face with a matt fixative I use Krylon from Wal-Mart
 Your doll's face is done tada!!! ready for clothes and hair!!
Be sure to sign up on our mailing list!!
I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial , There will be more free Tutorials coming...
Love and Hugs 
Sherrie

No comments: